Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Start

It's the start of another semester but, unlike any other semester, this one is special.

This semester I am making my thesis for the graduate program. This also means that the pioneering students will be graduating soon... hopefully. All systems related to the graduate program must be in place before the semester ends. Also, in this semester, preparations are being made for the offering of the specialization in Landscape Architecture next school year. We also need to draft the curriculum for the proposed specialization in Heritage Conservation.

The undergrad is not too exciting. There is only the Christmas Party and the Design Awards to look forward to. The former is more exciting, since the latter has started to become less and less appealing. The undergrad thesis also used to be very exciting, but it has started to lose its appeal as well.

I am also setting up a new company that will engage in research and consultancy. I am supposed to be just part of the team but now I ended up as the lead man. Anyway, we have a lot of plans and we're setting it in motion starting this semester.

There are also the new projects I'm working on. I used to simply play a supporting role in our projects but I now find myself taking the lead in some of the new projects as well.

This will be the busiest semester in my entire academic life. I hope my friends will understand me if I become less "sociable" this semester.

2 comments: