Friday, January 1, 2010

A Day of Promises

The first of January. This is the day when nearly everyone in the world make a promise to themselves in what we normally call a "new year's resolution." I wondered whether I should join the fray. I ended up making a plan for the whole year. First I make my goals, then I map out how I intend to fulfill those goals.

It's interesting to listen to these resolutions, but what I also found more amusing are the predictions made by the so called feng shui experts or what have you. They sound so funny in the radio and television. Everything they say are so general that it doesn't matter at all. I just wish they feature the "predictions" made last year and check out those that went true. Now THAT would be more interesting.

Nowadays it is easier to make promises. People have gotten used to making promises in order to break them. Gone is the honor that goes when one makes a promise. Perhaps people have very little regard of human dignity that they don't mind if other people don't trust them or believe them anymore.

Anyway, let me just take this opportunity to wish everyone good luck in keeping their new year's resolutions. As for me, I have a plan to map out.


No comments:

Post a Comment