Thursday, January 10, 2013

Managing Blogs

I started blogging when I made my Multiply account. After a while I decided to shift to Blogger.com. I didn't have any particular theme then. I just wrote what I had in my mind at the time I want to write.

When I was asked to make a group page in Facebook for our college alumni, I decided to share news about  our college through blogs. Initially I linked my personal blog to it. Later on, I realized that some posts should are not for the whole alumni to read. I decided then to create a new blog: Campus Life. I got the title from a the college magazine, when the article is about the events in the college.

This year, I realized that there are some things I wanted to post on Facebook just to "get them off my chest" but may be misunderstood by some "friends." I realized that I already have so many, and so varied roster of friends in Facebook that I have to post things that are more general. Even my usual way of expressing things can be misunderstood. I therefore decided to create yet another blog. This time I experimented with Wordpress. I entitled the blog as Wit Tweet. These are shoutouts that I would rather not post in Facebook.

Finally, I created another blog entitled Design Notes. This is more for me, to help me understand what I'm studying. I always find it helpful to summarize in my own words the topics that I lecture. Since I tend to lose notebooks, I decided to post them online. Some people might also find it helpful.

So I now have four blogs to manage. Good luck to me. But I thinks I can make this work.

I also realized that I also need to manage blogs that I want to follow. I realized that clicking "follow" on the page doesn't really help. I needed the blog site to send me the new posts through my email. Luckily I found out how I can do it. I am now following two blogs so far. One blog is by an advertising students whose works I admire, the other is by a landscape architect whose posts I find very educational.

I really like it when I have time to write and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment