Saturday, February 21, 2009

Health and Wealth

I was supposed to write about how I celebrated my birthday. You see, I am nearing that age when life begins again. At first I wanted to make a special celebration. Later, I decided to make this birthday into a preparation for a really big celebration next year. So I ended up with a modest celebration and, with this mentality, a long term commitment.

To prepare for next year, I decided to give myself a gift. (Sounds a bit pathetic, doesn't it?) Anyway, I enrolled myself in a health center, Fitness First. In fact, I enrolled for a year. Right now I'm actually looking for ways to be able to pay for a personal trainer. Fitness First is very expensive. I wasn't really prepared for the expense. I can manage to pay for the membership but I really can't afford the trainer.

I wish I could find a way. I had an orientation with the personal trainer and I was totally sold out to the idea of getting one for myself. It makes everything worthwhile... seeing the effects of working out. I know how important my health is but I am always distracted by work that does not contribute to my well-being. In my type of work, only my brain gets a total work-out. I really need the trainer to help me achieve my goals, to keep me focused, to keep me disciplined.

While I was contemplating on this, my friend Connie from Davao visited Cebu and introduced me to a networking endeavor. She's into USANA, a company that specializes on health products like food supplements. The timing couldn't be more than perfect. I was totally sold out by the product because of how it could benefit me and my family, especially my parents. I have been taking food supplements myself but I have been doing so without any sense of a program. Now I can continue to do so with a better sense of purpose, at a cheaper price, more effective product, and to top it all I can earn dollars (literally!).

I'm not saying that I have decided to live a luxurious life from here on. I have been meeting with friends regarding work and study and I foresee a very, very hectic year. I don't want to end up sick because of work. I want to be able to enjoy myself while working. I want to maintain a balance with my work and health. I believe I am on the right track and I sincerely feel contented.... and happy. =)

3 comments:

  1. Join nya namu badminton ni Karl. Try it out, you might like it. Just bring enough shirts and an attitude to boot =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invite ka namu ni Karl sa amu badminton games. Its a good way to kick start on your journey to healthy living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean the Wednesday badminton games near Montebello Hotel? Sure, why not. Thanks for the invite =)

    ReplyDelete