Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Airhead Encounters

I just finished presenting a project proposal to a client. Although everything went well, I was very tired when we ended. I had worked on the materials for the last few days and I haven't had a decent sleep. Anyway, on my way home I decided to do two things: first, follow up my Sun cellular re-connection, and second to watch Transformers 2.

My Sun was blocked several days ago because I missed out on my payments. I finally paid last Friday but my Sun still didn't work. I followed up on a Sunday and was told to wait for 24 hours for reconnection. I still couldn't text or call. So I followed up again on a Tuesday. This time I really probed to make sure I get reconnected. To my surprise, the only reason I wasn't reconnected is because my payment lacks 50 cents! wtf!

These people from Sun are stupid! The cashier who received my payment rounded off the payment to a lower figure and even gave me loose change. Why did she do that if it meant I won't get reconnected if I lack even one cent? The guy I approached last Sunday didn't advise me about the problem. Plainly he didn't now his job well. My friend keeps telling me that Sun services is the worst he encountered. I thought he was only referring to the signal, it seems like it also applies to the people working for the company.

The movie ended past 9:00pm. I was in Ayala Center Cebu and the theaters were on the fourth floor. I naturally went to the ground floor and planned to exit through the Terraces where it is nearer the jeepney stop. To my surprise the automatic doors no longer function. A note beside it says that beyond 9pm everyone should take the exit at the third floor. A family also wanted to exit there. They came from TGIF. A girl from TGIF went out to tell them that they can pass through TGIF to go to the Terraces. I decided to do the same. I was taken aback when the girl stopped me and asked me to take the longer route... simply because I was not a TGIF customer! wtf!!!

I appealed to her sense of reason. It is not a busy night. What harm can one person passing through do to them. I was tired and hungry. Passing through their store might even entice me to buy. I felt very tired thinking that I need to retrace my steps to the third floor to exit, when there's an exit just in front of me which is only a few meters away. The girl insists that it is the rule their managers made. I asked the girl if it doesn't make her feel stupid saying these things. She said no, she's only following orders. I told her that it was a stupid rule and following it makes her stupid as well.

I realized that right in front of me was a girl with a very low level of intelligence. I also realized that the manager who made the rule was at the same level as her. I have often heard of jokes about people who would eat dog shit if their managers ask them too. Well, here is someone who would do it, and also a manager who could make such rules. I know the rule was made to protect TGIF from hordes of people passing through and disturbing their clients, but it was a Monday evening - the least busiest night - and I was the only one passing through!... and I was very tired, and very hungry!

Like Sun, TGIF sucks in customer service. I wonder if they ever bother to train their staff on customer service.

Well, I wanted to rest after that presentation, instead I got more stressed out when these two establishments pissed me o
ff.

1 comment: