Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Technicalities... and a Piece of my Mind!

I had to delete a blog upon a request. It has become a bit controversial, it seems. I am not able to follow all the discussions since most of those who posted deleted their posts after some time.

There is a valid point raised regarding technicalities. It is true that my blog offers a logical explanation on how thesis presentations with very few sheets manage to make a passing grade, but it is a different story when a policy of minimum number of sheets exists. I realized though that it is not necessary to go into this detail because I saw a very clear flaw in this policy. The greatest weakness is the fact that the policy is not written down. As such, it is nothing but hearsay no matter how loudly we argue for or against it.

I post these blogs so everyone can make an intellectual discussion on the issues at hand. This is one way for the system to improve. Without these dynamics, if everyone prefers just to backstab and argue "ad hominem" (taking things personally), the faulty system continues as well as the grumblings.

We're on a higher level here. Those who are not mature enough (emotionally or intellectually) should refrain from joining in the fray.

3 comments: