Thursday, November 13, 2008

In Memoriam: Edison and Charade




The news about Edison and Charade really affected me. I met these two when I was still new in the university. They were consulting my friend, Ellis, regarding their thesis and I happen to be around. Ellis also asked for my opinion and we had a lively discussion about it. During their defense, I sat in their panel. I could not forget their defense because of a drawing they made of a baluster post. It was drawn in a very big scale and it naturally caught my attention. When I asked them about the significance of the drawing they candidly answered me that there was none!... that the drawing was meant to cover an empty portion of their presentation!

Ellis and I found these two quite amusing. On the surface they look like two clueless people and yet they managed to pass their thesis defense without any revisions! They left us with a memento, a black shirt with the logo of their thesis project printed at the back. I still have the shirt and I still wear it even if the logo has faded.

The two seems destined to be together. They took the board exam together and made it to the same rank in the top ten. It seems they were also together in their practice and, of course, got married eventually. They're destined to be together alright, until the very end.

We were never really close since I was new and they were graduating when we met. We also met during their consultations with Ellis. It's funny how I still remember them. Despite their simplicity, I simply find them remarkable.

P.S.: I got the picture from their Multiply. I hope the relative don't mind. I think everyone will agree that it is a very good picture. Seems to tell a lot about them for those who don't know them.

3 comments:

  1. Our prayers to our colleagues and fellow Sugbu members and condolences to their families

    ReplyDelete
  2. tsk tsk.. condolence and prayers to them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wake is at Sacred Heart Chapel A starting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete