Thursday, September 25, 2008

A typical day

Yesterday, after giving a 1.5 hours lecture to first year students about Baroque art, I decided to make an experiment. What would happen if I go to the library and sit near the entrance (I always hide in the faculty area to focus on work).

Well, first came a group of fourth year students. We discussed how they computed their number of stalls for the public market project they were working on. Then a  group of second year students asking about setbacks and other considerations for their project, a mixed-use condominium. A fifth year student followed. He needed help on rendering so I made arrangements for him to meet a friend who can help him. Then a graduate student came and asked for help on his landscape project and his research proposal. We discussed a bit and decided to set a schedule for it. The fourth year students came back. They made arrangements to work overnight in school next week and I'm supposed to accompany them....

There was a lot of "hellos" exchanged with students passing by... also text messages of students setting appointments.... after all of it I leaned back and reflected on the result of my experiment. My conclusion was plain and simple... I told myself that I needed a drink.

Thirty minutes later, I was in Cheaverz with some friends. I realized the reason I'm drinking is not because of my desire to unwind. I actually scheduled this already. I was supposed to meet up with other people to talk about things outside of school.... Otherwise I would be playing Generals in my laptop, or cleaning the apartment, or going to the malls...

Oh well... a typical day...

6 comments:

  1. mag design consultancy nalang ka sir, you need an executive assistant hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, but I can't afford an executive assistant yer. Small time ra ni... hehe... my only faithful assistant is Dino! (my laptop =D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so drinking is part of the daily routine? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy... more like a weekly routine... hehe.. shhhh!

    ReplyDelete