Saturday, September 27, 2008

Speech... Impromptu!

The first year architecture students had their leadership training seminar in school today. As usual, I was in school also for the graduate program - a weekly routine. I was supposed to meet someone outside school during noon break but I decided to stop by their seminar to say hello to my friends who were facilitating. That was a decision I truly regretted.

When the guidance councilor saw me, she "forced" me to make a small speech in behalf of the dean. I was supposed to tell the first year students why we came up with that sort of activity. I knew that she had been trying to get some faculty members to make the speech but they all turned her down. I was never approached, so I guess I was the unwanted saviour.

To my surprise I was actually nervous and uncomfortable. To think that I used to meet with very important people in the board rooms of banks, universities and government institutions. Later I realized why. I don't want the students to be intimidated with my presence so they can approach me anytime, so I tried to suppress any manifestation of authority. It was terribly uncomfortable.

Darn, I ended up looking like an idiot... It was embrarassing... but I'll get over it... dum dee dumm.... I guess it's the image I want. Haha!


6 comments:

  1. i saw that! ahihihi.. they were cheering and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...haha...it was ok! brief & concise

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that speech made you hungry hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they thought they will be given extra points if they cheer... waahh... i think i also said something about giving a 200 items exam if they don't.... hehe..... dum dee dumm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. happens i'm not a filibuster.... burger... burger..... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahehehe... you noticed!.... stress = hunger. Einstein was not able to make this equation ;p

    ReplyDelete