Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Name Fame, Name Shame

Last week some of my students invited me to ride with them. I thought they were on their way home so I hopped in. Well, turns out they were still meeting some friends near Paseo so I decided to just hang out and relax.

Except for my students, the rest were strangers to me. I found myself a comfortable corner and decided to just observe everyone and chit chat a little... This girl noticed me and introduced herself. When I told her my name is Troy I nearly fell of my seat because of her reaction... She actually gasped. "Sir Troy?" she exclaimed, "I heard so much about you!" Darn!

She must have noticed the effect on me so she quickly added: "... good things, of course."  Then she actually pranced back to her friends and "whispered" to someone that "sir Troy is here..." Oh well....

I'm old enough to know that you can never stop people from talking... about anything! But I still feel uncomfortable when people talk about me... especially strangers. It's been a week but I guess the impact is so much that it found its way here in my blog! haha!....Anyway.... moving on....

5 comments: