Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Onward Nomad!

My nomadic life continues! I'm finally transferring to an apartment after six years of renting a room. I simply need the space! Actually I have so many other needs and this apartment seems perfect. It's a two-storey, two-bedroom unit with a common toilet and bath, and it's just a stones throw away from the university where I teach and study. I'm sharing it with a student.

Ever since I left Davao after high school I've been transferring places to stay. In college alone I've been through five places. When I worked in Manila, I transferred residence halls twice (and transferred rooms a number of times). Even when I went back to Davao, I still keep transferring places to live. The six years I stayed in the room where I am now is the longest. I was able to transfer rooms three times though. So... what the heck is wrong with me?! hehe.... I dunno...

I remember the day I was to live Manila for good, I passed by my friend's house to say goodbye. I was on my way to the airport so he was very surprised to see me with only one big backpack which he gave me for week-long camps. I didn't realize I was bringing very little compared to what people normally expect from someone who is moving out. I just managed to tell him "I travel light."

I wonder how long I will be staying in this new place. My "house mate" wants me to stay long because he also plans to stay there for a long time. I hope so too...

 

9 comments:

  1. mao na diha...d ma himutang...hehehehe...
    btw sir, good luck sa imu new place... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys.. hehe... housewarming party nya ta...!!! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. might as well feature your new home in mtv cribs...isn't a good idea for a film show? *still waiting for the rar files to complete*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sosyal!! Hehe... Not unless I designed the house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Restless me... hehe... hmmm... I wonder what I'm looking for....

    ReplyDelete