Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Irritated

This afternoon a student approached me in school to ask me about his thesis. Fine. I have so many students asking me for help regarding their thesis so I consented. This time, though, I ended up infuriated.

The system in USC is that you start working on your thesis while you're enrolled in the Design 9. Other than the major projects you are given in Design 9, you are supposed to submit a part of the thesis book.

Anyway, their deadline is October 10. Then comes this guy who asked me these questions: what should he do because someone told him his thesis is not possible? How should he solve his thesis?... For some reason I suddenly felt blood rush through my head....

I helped this guy to craft his thesis problem which the coordinators approved without any objections. Even his adviser did not offer any objections. We all saw that the thesis question was valid. So why is he doubting? Just because one person said otherwise doesn't mean we're all wrong. Is he saying that the coordinators, his advisers, and me are stupid?

My temper flared up when I learned that the dissenter is my "bestfriend." Is this student trying to make us fight over our opinion on his thesis? His reaction also made me realized that he has not done any research yet to prove or disprove anything! The deadline is just 18 days away! In effect, he was asking me to spell out the solution to him so that he does not need to read anything anymore. What a wacko!

I don't know... I made myself approachable to students so I can help them. It is just irritating to know how that majority of their problems is caused by acting only on the last minute. You see students with great potentials ending up with lousy output because of lack of time, even if they were given enough time at the start.

I cooled down after a while, and we both apologized (I think I really gave him a piece of my mind), but I never got to focus on what I was reading that time. I went back to my apartment still feeling hazy that I decided to just sleep it off.

I actually just woke up and, obviously, that incident was my first thought....

8 comments:

  1. hehehehehe...
    ana jud na ang efek sa arki nga student...
    muhang ang processor!...tweng!... LYK ME!..
    hahahaahah...


    chill out sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mao2x.... ugma cheaverz ko... bahala na. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU had a GOOD day!! =D Congrats on your new job! Bangka nya first pay. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaah! pang upgrade mo oi!... haha... musta na man ka meriam? hmmm.... mubasa baya ko sa imu mga g.post... heheheh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha... kuyog ko cheaverz!!! samtang wa pkoy trabaho!!! ahahaha

    ReplyDelete