Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meet my computer-saurus!



I have a friend who is a computer engineer. We got to know each other in college and we also got together when I worked in Manila. He inspired me to be a computer freak. Since we lived in the same residence hall, we were assigned to take care of the computers. I was in charge of the software while he takes care of the hardware.

To make our chores interesting, we assigned names to computers. It was the time when the Jurrasic Park movie was a hit so we named the computers after dinosaurs. Before we adopted that idea, we have already named our favorite computer as "compy" (for computer-saurus). We actually talk about our computers as if they were pets.

When I got my laptop I decided to continue the tradition... I gave it a name. Since it has become so much a part of me I decided to give it my second name: DINO (also because it can stand for dino-saur).

Just this afternoon I added more RAM to Dino so he runs faster now. I guess this is what prompted me to talk about him. I am just so happy that I don't have to wait so long for my programs to start... Dino used to crawl a lot... at least now he trots.

Oh well... I am such a nerd... ;p

4 comments:

  1. hey, my laptops name is horatio(horay-sho)... hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my laptop's name is ishtar :D hahah sir would you believe na pati akong celphone, external HD and ipod naay name? hahah.

    ReplyDelete