Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adviser in Deliberation...?

Fifth year students are telling me that the advisers are now requested to join in the deliberation of thesis proposals. Normally, after the letter of intent is approved the next step is to approve the research design.. or loosely called as "chapter one." This is the only time, however, that the presence of the adviser is required.

It seems that the first batch of proposals to be deliberated will be those submitted by the students I'm currently advising. Fine. I have already briefed the students concerned on what to do. There shouldn't be any problem.

I guess this new ruling is ok. My only concern though is whether they can sustain this improvement. It is common knowledge among those who have passed through the thesis program that the thesis coordinators are not really coordinated. On my part I always want to look at the bright side of it. For me, everything will turn out well... somehow....

9 comments:

  1. not memories, present and very soon hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... i think... no, i BELIEVE, the uncoordinated thesis coordinators are the ones who need advising, BADLY. and maybe they could use counseling too? im sure mam titit wud be..er..ecstatic abwt it (?)

    ...i am just sooo glad its over for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. counseling is a mild approach...exorcism is more appropriate

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah

    the university wont need that kind of publicity now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. the coordinators who are not coordinated... such irony...

    ReplyDelete
  6. guys, guys.... be more understanding... i'm sure there's a reason why this happened... hehe...

    ReplyDelete